Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What should my role on the BOD be?

Some have called into question what role I should have on the BOD since I have declined to accept the assignment of Secretary. The following is my response to Ms Koen when she asked that same question.

In my opinion my responsibilities should parallel my interests, just as other BOD members are working in areas of their interest. It has always been my goal to streamline the operation of the association by developing an awareness of how the bylaws and CCR's work together in the operation of the association and to develop additional guidelines (only where necessary) to accomplish this goal.

We are bound by duty and by law to operate according to both of these documents and there are still areas where they are in conflict. These should be resolved. The second area of interest is in compliance. We need to improve the method and manner in which the BOD complies with both of our governing documents.

I chose not to accept a position as an officer for multiple reasons including, time, area of interest, family responsibilities, and potential conflict with other BOD members.