Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's all about the money - NOT!

I know I will be skewered for suggesting that non-members not pay assessments to the HOA. In an attempt to preempt any misrepresentation of my position please allow me to go on the record and openly state my personal opinions.

1. I personally believe everyone living in the subdivision should share in the expenses related to maintaining the common property and last November I sent the BOD a certified letter stating my willingness to contribute a full proportional share of such expenses.

2. I believe the HOA bylaws provides for a straightforward formula for calculating such expenses and that the BOD should start using that method accordingly.

3. I believe that there exists a legal precedence for requiring anyone owning property within the subdivision to contribute proportionally to the maintenance of the common property regardless of their status in the HOA.

For me, the dispute regarding inclusion in the HOA has nothing to do with finances related to common property.

Let me state again - As a non-member, I have sent the BOD a certified letter stating my willingness to contribute a full proportional share of the necessary expenses related to maintaining the common property.

Tony Robinson