Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Accountability - Not now, probably not ever

Absurd – This would be funny if it weren’t true.

Earlier today I made another attempt to gain access to the documentation used by Ms Mueller and our President in their decision about the status of Units 3 & 4. The following is the text of the message I sent to all BOD members.

To All BOD Members,

This is to formally request, for the fifth time, copies of all documentation discovered by Ms Mueller and used by Ms Mueller and Ms Koen to arrive at the decision emailed to Kent and I last week regarding the dispute over the status of Units 3 & 4 being in the HOA. As I noted in my last request, this documentation should have been provided upon receipt of my first request. It is important that these documents be made available for review by the membership at large at the called BOD meeting this Saturday, November 8th. Electronic copies will not be adequate due to their poor reproduction quality and because there is no internet access at the Fox Township Building.

Tony Robinson


The following is the response I received from Ms Koen.

Mr. Robinson,

I have uploaded the files onto the Yahoo Group. I asked Mrs. Mueller to research this information. Mrs. Mueller has done exactly what I asked her to do. She has been accountable to this BOD by researching this information and reporting back to me. I have reported to the BOD and all HOA members. As for the documents that Mrs. Mueller acquired at the county recorder's office, they are her property, as she paid for them with her own funds. Until the BOD pays Mrs. Mueller for these documents, they are her property. If at any time you feel you want to see the original copies, you can either go to Mrs. Mueller's house or purchase them from the County yourself.

Finally, this was my response to Ms Koen.

Ms Koen,

Your argument that the documentation used by Ms Mueller to reach her conclusions is hers until the association pays for it is absurd and nothing more than a ploy to avoid accountability on your part and on behalf of Ms Mueller. You, as President, have made a decision based on that documentation. Furthermore, you have disseminated that decision to the board with the implication that that would be the position of that BOD and the HOA. It is now time to share the documents supporting this decision with all BOD members and the association.

How can we move forward when the President is playing shell games with who "owns" documents and hiding information?

I believe your argument is insulting to any reasonable person.


Tony Robinson