Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What’s the Cost?

Our association has retained the services of an attorney who specializes in HOA law to investigate and report back to the association on the Unit 3 & 4 situation. This will cost the association at least $220 per billable hour and will be paid out of the general funds of the association.

I believe we all have a vested interest in determining the status of our HOA but I do have some questions regarding the expense.

The truth is that the association DID NOT cause the problem. It was either the developer or his legal representative.

So, why are we paying the bills for this investigation? Is the developer even aware of the situation? Has our BOD asked the developer to get involved?

I have asked the BOD to address these questions in a timely manner. I’ll let you know their response as soon as I hear back.