Wednesday, November 5, 2008

October Surprise Update

If you have read the October Newsletter you might be under the impression that the “October Surprise” situation has been resolved.

Unfortunately you would be mistaken.

Without commenting on the “diligent research” that “revealed that there is no basis for the claims” I will advise you that the association has retained an attorney to research and review what may be a legitimate problem. This is exactly why I asked to review the documentation used to reach the conclusion published in the October newsletter. I reported to the association’s President on October 29th (long before the newsletter was completed) that I had discovered information at the county recorder’s office that indicated there might be some validity to the claims in the letter received from Attorney Rhoads. It was at this time the shell game with the documentation began.

DO NOT MISINTERPRET MY POSITION ON THIS ISSUE. THESE CLAIMS MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE. I DO NOT KNOW. I MERELY WANT TO SEE THE DOCUMENTATION – NOT BRUSHED ASIDE AND LABELED A MALCONTENT.

I always liked the position taken by former President Ronald Regan: Trust but verify.