Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Time is too Valuable

Good Evening-

Welcome back to the dark ages.

For the last week and a half I have been trying to get some verification that the research work done at the county recorder's office by our association VP is accurate. I suspected from the beginning that "incomplete" would be a kind way to describe her research but she has insisted from the start that 1) she was right, and 2) she didn't have to share her documentation with anyone.

Our President has gone so far as to publish the VP's findings stating “diligent research” has been accomplished and that the research has “revealed that there is no basis for the claims”. The President has also claimed that since the VP paid the county for cost of the documents that the BOD has no right to review the documents until the association reimburses the VP the costs charged by the county.

We all know for a fact the association has hired an attorney to do the job right but I haven't seen any updates on either website letting us know that maybe things aren't so cut and dried as we were led to believe.

For those on the BOD who questioned the accuracy of the research and insisted on reviewing the documentation the reward has been a freeze job.

Having fallen out of grace of the majority of the BOD, I have been shut out of all communication with the BOD. I am not included in any emails, not allowed any knowledge of association business, and not responded to in any manner. My phone calls and emails are ignored.

This is not my idea of how an association should be run. Just imagine the uproar if the roles were reversed; can you say lawsuit?

You might agree or disagree with me regarding how the association should be managed but the bottom line is my time is too valuable. There are too many wonderful people and interesting opportunities in my life to waste time dealing with the mindset of the new majority.

Therefore I have tendered my resignation effective today. My sincere thanks to all - every single member - for the opportunity to serve on the BOD. I know there have been many who disagreed but until the "October Surprise" came to light I always felt there was enough of a professional attitude amongst the BOD that we could overcome our differences. I was wrong.

Welcome back to the days when we will be told only what the powers in charge want us to know and not one minute before they want us to know it.

Below is the text of the letter I sent to the BOD earlier today.

Tony Robinson



November 8, 2008

Estates of Millbrook HOA
Attention: BOD
PO Box 101
Millbrook, IL 60536

Dear BOD Members,

Be advised that I am resigning my position as member of the BOD effective at the conclusion of the special called BOD meeting on November 8, 2008. In the event this meeting does not occur then my resignation will be effective at 8:40am on the same day.

Sincerely,

/s/ AD Robinson